This behavior is not productive and I've discovered that while I am a full time working mom, I can build more success with my internet marketing business if I develop some consistency and a plan....a daily marketing plan that is.
Building a successful online business is a lot of work. There are so many things that MUST be done on a consistent basis in order to maintain traction in the online world. So, now that I'm working from a daily schedule, here are the things I focus on:
- Spending specific time reading articles and commenting on Linked In
- Spending regular time interacting with folks on Twitter, participating in discussions related to my business and sharing information
- Writing 2 articles per week (1 for each of my sites) and submitting them to article directories like Ezinearticles.com
- Bookmarking my articles on social bookmark sites like de.li.cious, stumble upon and reddit
- Checking my ppc ad accounts once a week to check my ad performance
- Writing 1 Squidoo lens weekly to share information about topics and products related to my business and then bookmarking those lenses
- Working on my company newsletters once a week so I can have completed content by the first of each month
- Checking the stats for each of my websites and tracking changes
- Emailing my list specials on a weekly basis tailored just for their needs
- Blogging on my 3 blogs twice weekly (sometimes scheduling posts when I get a ton of stuff to say all in a short period of time) - 2 of my blogs Fresh Radiant Skin and Stress & Alternative Pain Relief are for me displaying my knowledge in my fields of natural skin care and alternative pain relief & stress management. My 3rd blog, the one you are now reading is for me to give back to the online community. I believe in helping others succeed one because no one ever just "arrives." We all have help along the way. Another reason is because I will also be helping pave my own way to success. In each of my blogs I like to display my personality so that you all can get to know me. I'm pretty transparent really. I like to joke around, exhibit a little sarcasm and even get a little serious when I'm sharing the latest news in the industries. However, I also love to write and converse with others in general which is why I hope my readership will pick up. How quickly you all will discover how much I have to say!
Finally, remember that Rome was not built in a day. Don't get discouraged. Hard work barely fails to pay off. You can be successful and I hope that we can be on this journey together. I will share my learnings while building my business and I hope you will share yours.
God Bless and Here's to Fruitfulness in Business!